You should never pay any money to apply or submit scholarship applications. Never pay a service to apply for you.
Scholarships for SoundGirls Members
- SoundGirls – Gaston-Bird Travel Fund This fund has been established to increase the presence of women (and those that identify as women) at trade conferences. Women who have been invited to speak, or sit on panels at audio-related trade conferences are welcome to apply.
SoundGirls Church Sound University Scholarships Applications open
SoundGirls Ethel Gabriel Scholarship 2020 – Applications open on June 1
SoundGirls Scholarships for 2020 – Applications open on June 1
Entertainment Industry-Related Scholarships
- LDI, TSDCA, and USITT Invite Applications For The Pat MacKay Scholarships For Diversity In Design, Funded by LDI (Deadline May 15th)
- Audio Engineering Society Education Foundation
- The Best Scholarships for Women – While some financial aid for women may have restrictions and special requirements, this grouping is the most widely available category of scholarships for women. Each of the following college scholarships for women requires the applicant to be enrolled in a university or college program.
- Learn How to Become – College Funding to Help Female Students Access New Opportunities
- Society of Women Engineers
AffordableColleges.com have assembled 29 excellent scholarships for women attending college. AffordableCollege.com’s mission is to help you earn your degree without taking on thousands of dollars in debt.
A Bloomberg study revealed that women with MBAs earned a median of $35,000 less than men eight years after graduating from business school. One particularly painful effect of that earning divide is that it makes paying off student debt loans, which continue to balloon, harder for women at work.
As gender pay gaps widen, loans weigh more heavily on women than on men. It can take women with MBAs over a year longer than men to pay back their student loans.
UNIGO.com – an extensive list of searchable scholarships.
Western Undergraduate Exchange – If you are applying to a participating out of state school, a WUE Scholarships can pay for 150% of resident tuition (so you don’t end up paying full out of state tuition). Each participating school administers WUE Scholarships differently, so carefully read the information on each school’s website.
Bridges.com Select Choices Planner and in the search engine type the word: scholarships.
Affordable Colleges Foundation Provides free community resource materials and tools on topics such as financial aid and college savings strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, and online learning resources.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs –College Fee Waiver – program benefits the spouse and children of U.S. Veterans.
Scholarship Application Tips
FastWeb offers these tips for winning scholarship applications:
- Apply only if you are eligible. Read requirements and directions carefully.
- Complete application in full. If a question does not apply, note that on the application. Do not leave a blank.
- Follow directions. Provide everything that is required, but do not supply things that are not requested – you could be disqualified.
- Neatness counts. Always type the application if you can, or if you must print, do so neatly and legibly.
- Make sure your essay makes an impression. Be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experience come alive.
- Watch all deadlines. Don’t send the materials in late – they will be refused.
- Take steps to make sure your entire application gets where it needs to go. Place name on all pages of the application in case it comes apart.
- Give it a final ‘once-over.’ Proofread carefully. Ask another person to read it over before you submit it.