- Industry leader and Vice President/Co Founder of VUE Audiotechnik Sara Elliott. We are excited to have her support and look forward to working with her in 2016.
- Sadie Groom who has started Females in Broadcast Industry in the U.K., we look forward to supporting their efforts.
- Kim Sawaya-Levine who is the Director of the Touring Division at Rat Sound Systems, who is working hard to diversify their crew.
SoundGirls attended Women’s Audio Mission panel on The Evolution of the Music Producer. Women’s Audio Mission does fantastic work in San Fransisco providing hands-on training, experience, career counseling and job placement to women and girls in media technology for music, radio, film, television and the internet.
SoundGirls.Org legal counsel, Heather Rafter presented Blurred Lines: The Changing Music Copyright laws.
Oh and the gear – there was so much new shiny equipment – I barely made a dent.
Some of Gear that people were buzzing about:
- Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- Mackie DC16 Control Surface
- Allen & Heath dLive Digital Mixing Series
- DiGiCo Announces Future Release Of Stealth Core2; New SD5cs System, SD21
- Klang 3D In Ear Monitoring