Scholarship for Abbey Road Institute Miami
SoundGirls is excited that two of our members are involved with this great program Maria Elisa Ayerbe-Barona and Natalia Ramirez. We thank them for the dedication to SoundGirls and Empowering the Next Generation of Women in Audio.
I am tremendously happy to learn that Leapwing Audio and Soundgirls will be sponsoring a scholarship for a future music producer at the Abbey Road Institute program in Miami! Abbey Road Institute’s program in Miami focuses on a 100% individually tailored and hands-on educational approach, perfect for a unique student with a unique passion for music and production. As one of the few female music producers in the industry and proud member and supporter of the Soundgirls Organization, I understand the importance of high-quality education as a means to diversify and enrich the music industry. I am sure the prospective candidate for this scholarship will be outstanding, and I am certain this incredible opportunity will match with the right person thanks to the incredible outreach the SoundGirls organization has built over the years.
Maria Elisa Ayerbe-Barona
I’m very excited Abbey Road Institute is finally coming to Miami. The program will start in January next year with a very select group of students that will be experiencing the studio life in a boutique setting that I had the immense opportunity to be a part of since the beginning. Art House Studios is basically home to me so it makes me really happy that the school has partnered with SoundGirls and Leapwing Audio to give an outstanding woman the opportunity to show her talents as an audio engineer while being surrounded by great people and beautiful music. This scholarship represents a life-changing stepping stone in equality and diversity in our industry. I’m definitely thrilled beyond words!
- Covers full tuition
- Gives you access to a boutique program, led by Julio Reyes Copello, based on a tried curriculum 90 years in the making, from Abbey Road Studios.
- Gives you access to a place where academy meets reality, and you’ll be involved in writing and producing with the Art House Academy students
- Is sponsored by Leapwing
Submissions can be made until October 10th, 2020 at 11:59pm EST and winners will be contacted before October 31st, 2020. To submit your application for a scholarship, you must be 18 years old (before January 4th, 2021) and have a valid US residency permit. During the application process, you will be asked to upload the following items:
- Full Name
- Date of birth
- Music Links: Submit 4 links to music or videos of songs you’ve performed and explain your contribution. These can be links to Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, or wetransfer but make sure the download doesn’t expire before October 31st, 2020.
- Resume: Upload a PDF and include experiences related to music as well as academic experiences.
- Motivation Video: Include a video of yourself explaining your background, why you started with music and why you believe that you deserve this scholarship
- Optional social media links