Soldering is a necessary skill for audio engineers and techs. Being able to make and repair your cables can get you out of a tight spot and save you money. In this workshop, you’ll learn proper soldering techniques to carry with you to live gigs, in the studio and beyond! We’ll build XLR and TRS or TS cables that you can take home with you. Please note that you will need to bring your own soldering kit with you – see below for options. If you don’t have one, don’t fret!
This class will address the knowledge and techniques required to produce high-quality manually soldered joints and provide an overview of the basic manual soldering equipment and the proper safety precautions for soldering. You will be able to take your finished mic and guitar cables home to continue practice soldering.
If you cannot bring a soldering iron to class please email us at email@example.com and we will try and locate a loaner.
- Register Here
- June 2, 2019
- 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- 6060 W 91st Ave
- Westminster, CO 80031
- Ages 16+
- Open to all genders and non-binary people
- Free – but accepting donations to cover the cost of materials
- Space is limited to 20
Required Tools to Bring to Class
- Soldering Iron – Soldering Iron Kits
- Soldering iron holder
- Damp soldering iron tip cleaning pad (often a sponge one supplied with iron holder) or Brass Wool
- Wire stripper/cutter, sharp Knife (pocket knife, box cutter, small hunting knife)
- Solder – Resin core, not acid core.
- Optional Basic continuity meter (Multimeter) or cable tester (1/4″ and XLR)