Kate Haldrup is a Nashville-based freelance recording engineer and drummer. She graduated from Indiana University's Jacobs School of Music in 2014 and has spent most of her professional career in a studio recording environment. She enjoys the hands-on process of analog recording, and gained a lot of experience on tape machines and maintenance while working at Welcome to 1979 in Nashville. Kate also absorbed an extensive knowledge of vinyl mastering and the vinyl industry while at '79. Most recently she has been freelancing in Nashville both as an engineer and drummer and loves participating in full band live-tracking sessions.
- I recently spoke with Erin Frisby, one of the founders of Washington, DC-based grassroots non-profit This Could Go Boom! (TCGB!). Erin is a Soundgirls member, engineer, multi-instrumentalist, and member of DC-area bands The OSYX and FuzzQueen.
- The importance of saying yes while building a career in audio is important, but the importance of saying no is almost more important than saying yes, however, can be much more difficult!
- Veronica Simonetti is the Lead Studio Engineer at Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) in San Francisco, California, where she has lived and worked for the past 4 years.
- Hyasynth House is a Nashville-based electronic music collective for female, trans and non-binary creatives founded in 2018 by Jess Chambers and Eve Maret.
- It is so important to stay open to new opportunities while building a career in audio. Saying yes will often lead to one of two realizations: this opportunity is right for me or this is wrong for me; I now know what to avoid.
- Missy Thangs is an engineer, producer, songwriter, and keyboardist based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Thangs is currently a house engineer and producer at The Fidelitorium.
- As audio engineers, it is often our job to chase a sound. One of the first things that drew me to the field of was the idea that it could be a path of lifelong learning. Sometimes I’ll hear a guitar tone, a drum sound, the balance of vocals against a band in a mix, ...