U.K. Women Connect: Mental Health in the Music Industry
September 25 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm PDTFree
Women Connect are a female focused collective hosting events to create safe and all inclusive spaces, along with good fortune and equal opportunities for women working within the creative industries.
Women Connect is birthed with passion and the unquestionable desire for women in the creative industries to come together and support one another. Women Connect‘s September event will be centered around mental health and the stigma surrounding it. The evening will be host to a panel talk with special guests from Sony Music UK, Help Musicians UK, Music and You, Getahead, BAPAM and artist, Che Lingo.
Key Panel Topics:
* Addressing the stigma surrounding mental health.
* How the creative industries affect existing mental health problems and where to go to in those times of need.
* Discussing the importance of a healthy balance with mind and career in such a fast paced and demanding industry.
* How to recognise when someone you know may be struggling, and what steps you can take to help.
* Counselling and therapy organisations.
Jess Kangalee will also facilitate an exercise which attendees may choose to take part in, and will also feature a special spoken word performance by the hugely talented, Arcadie Poet.
Women Connect hope to amplify the voices of those involved within the creative industry who are experiencing poor mental health and have trained professionals provide insightful advice and recommend ways to overcome such challenges. We encourage inclusivity at ALL of our events, as Women Connect is a learning hub for both men and women, spread the word.
Women Connect will be collecting donations for MIND charity throughout the course of the evening.