Susan Williams is an educator in Winter Park, FL for a creativity and technology-focused university. Previously she was a local theatre technician and independent micro-budget film producer. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre with a minor in Cinema Studies from the University of Central Florida. Susan has spent her career working for various theatres around the country, including the Orlando Repertory Theatre, The Garden Theatre, and the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival. She has also worked as a digital projectionist for the Florida Film Festival. In addition to theatre, she has produced an award-winning short film, “Séance.” In 2014, Susan produced her first feature-length horror film, “Interior,” which has won many festival awards, including Best Horror Feature Film at Shriekfest 2015, Best Sound Design, NYC Horror Film Festival 2015, and Audience Award for the Knoxville Horror Film Festival 2015. Susan is an active member of the Orlando chapter of SoundGirls.
- Podcasting Gear on a Teacher’s Budget
- Half of my life I have been putting mics on other people for theatre, tv, and film. When I worked at a children’s theatre, I was the go-to for mic’ing up dozens of kids. I got really, really good at the under-shirt swoop because kids are wiggly and I can’t ask them to hold still ...
- How often do you clear out your downloads folder, desktop, or trash on your computer? If you do this more than once every couple of years, cheers to you! For the rest of us animals living in digital filth, we need to get our lives sorted.
- “It appears that where #BitchBoss is clearly an indication of frustration #BossBitch is a term of endearment. Isn’t language fun? It’s like racquetball! For your mouth!” – Chris Traeger, Parks and Recreation
- I joined SoundGirls to support women in my community and to be a mentor to those who need one. Here’s to the new year, SoundGirls.