Michelle Sciarrotta is a singer/songwriter, composer and musician. She holds a BA in Music Performance and a music teaching degree. Michelle has worked all over the UK and Europe as a guitarist and co-writer with Blaze Bayley, and she self-produces her solo projects. She is passionate about women’s rights and education for girls.
- July 2019 has seen a “guilty” verdict passed on the latest high profile copyright case in music: Katy Perry’s entire musical team were ordered to pay damages to Christian rapper Flame for copying his 2008 track “Joyful Noise” in her US No one hit “Dark Horse.”
- It turns out that we are changing all the time and that our brains are like flexible plastic and can be rewired.
- Part of the fun of working in live music is the variety and unpredictability it inevitably brings. Great as that may be, my bosses recently set up a training day for me and my colleagues using some of the mixing desks likely to be installed on future client contracts. We spent the day getting our ...
- Helen McCookerybook / Dr. Helen Reddington a musician in the British Punk movement to academic and teacher, to a solo musician, author, and filmmaker. Helen is an ambassador for telling women’s stories.
- For the first time I’ve experienced, being a woman in music seems to be supported, encouraged, and has positively impacted me – on a much smaller scale of course!
- Delia was a musical pioneer, a unique lady with a sharp sense of humour, humility and an unbridled passion for creating. The story of her contribution to the world has not taken up space as prominently as it should.
- Life has a funny way of evolving and taking us on a different path than we might have ever expected. When I reflect on the dreams I had as a teenager, for example, there have been some that were smashed and excitedly crossed off the bucket list, and others that teenage me could never have ...
- Should we be mixing with lo-fi portable devices in mind?