Linnéa Kempe is front of house (well ALL of the house) sound engineer in the small legendary London club The Half Moon. The small team there is like her second family, since her family is back home in Sweden! She plays in woodland pop duo MEADOWS and since “the lockdown” she’s also a feministing podcaster (@anditwentlikethispodcast).
- I have worked hard for a great deal of change, to reform my thoughts on how I want to live my life. My own giant leaps. What will be yours?
- In any artistic discipline, it is important to do creative exercises to strengthen skills, play, and expand your practice. For writers, there are countless books and websites entirely devoted to writing prompts. The same goes for other disciplines. For theatrical or film sound design, however, finding exercises is much more difficult.
- I want to advocate for the power of manifestations and defining your goals. I never truly believed in it, but I did take steps that were in my power, to create my first stride towards it.
- My question to you, is how can we create unity beyond ourselves today? How can we as sisters, brothers, and non-binary unite in our differences in a global pandemic?
- We are right now all in this “waithood”. We don’t know what the lineup is nor the curfew of this disease or if there’s a support act coming to soundcheck… But if there’s anything we sound engineers are good at. It’s winging it!
- I am a live sound engineer. Although, I don’t know if that’s me anymore, but saying it out loud gives me hope. Hope that one day, not too far away, I will step into the sound booth and work. I long for it. My whole being longs.