SoundGirls will be hosting a seminar on sexual harassment with Kim Warnick.
- Nov. 13th
- 6:00 to 9:00 pm
- Harman Professional
- 8500 Balboa Blvd, Northridge, CA 91329
Kim Warnick is a sexual violence prevention and response expert with program design, project management, and communications experience in corporate, start-up, and nonprofit organizations. She designed and leads the #HereForTheMusiccampaign at Calling All Crows to prevent sexual harassment and violence in the live music industry. She has a specific interest in workplace sexual violence and helping companies to be proactive in creating safer working conditions for all employees
You should be able to feel comfortable in your place of work or learning. If you are being sexually harassed, you can report it to the authorities at your job or school, but what happens when you are a freelance contractor? Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances. The harasser can identify with any gender and have any relationship to the victim, including being a direct manager, indirect supervisor, coworker, teacher, peer, or colleague.
The seminar will cover:
- What is sexual harassment? What does it look like?
- What is legal definition vs unwelcoming (but not illegal) work environment?
- What can I do if it’s already happening to me at work?
- What can I do if it’s already happening to someone else at my workplace?
- How can we proactively address this issue?
- How can we be involved in this broader culture change?